Medicare-eligible State of Maryland retirees (age 65 & older) will no longer receive prescription drug coverage under the Maryland State health plan, effective Jan. 1, 2019, the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Employee Benefits Division has announced.
These Medicare-eligible Maryland State retirees have until Dec. 31, 2018, to enroll in a Medicare Part D plan for prescription drugs, at their cost, to ensure there is no gap in their coverage.
Choosing a new drug plan, and navigating the Medicare maze, can be confusing at best. Where can you find help to choose the best Medicare prescription plan for you?
MAC, Inc., the Area Agency on Aging, is ready to help with information sessions. Additional free sessions, for Medicare-eligible State of Maryland retirees (age 65 & older), and others needing information on how to sign up for Medicare prescription coverage, have been scheduled as follows:
• Monday, June 4, from 2 to 3 p.m., at MAC, Inc.
• Tuesday, June 5, from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Ocean Pines Branch of the Worcester County Library
• Tuesday, June 5, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Westover Senior Center
• Thursday, June 7, from 2 to 3 p.m., at the Pocomoke City Branch of the Worcester County Library
• Wednesday, June 13, from 2 to 3 p.m., at the Charles and Martha Fulton Senior Center in Snow Hill
• Tuesday, June 19, from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Hurlock Senior Center
In addition, the following Medicare enrollment how-to programs are being offered for the do-it-yourselfer:
• Wednesday, June 6, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at MAC, Inc.
• Tuesday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to noon, at MAC, Inc.
Advance registration is required for a DIY session. To register, call 410-742-0505, ext. 113.
Advance registration is required for a DIY session. To register, call 410-742-0505, ext. 113
For more information about Medicare enrollment and how MAC can help, or to learn more about MAC services, call 410-742-0505.
MAC is a member agency of the United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore.