The Salisbury Jaycees have announced the following winners of the 70th annual Salisbury Christmas Parade:
- Best High School Marching Band – Crisfield High School
- Best Commercial Entry – Chaney Enterprises
- Best Non-Commercial Entry – National Park Service – Assateague Island National Seashore
- Best Youth Entry – Bundles of Joy Learning Center
- Best Scout Troop – Girl Scout Troop 181
- Best Fire Department – Trappe Volunteer Fire Company
- Best Motorized Unit – Eastern Shore Region Antique Automobile Club of America
- Best Animal Unit – Salisbury Kennel Club
- Best Marching Unit – Wicomico Junior ROTC
- Grand Marshal’s Award (best overall) – Wicomico County Board of Education
Trophies may be picked up at the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Business Center, 144 E. Main St., beginning Wednesday, December 7.
Prior to the parade, the Jaycees received citations from the Maryland Office of the Governor, Senate and House of Delegates, congratulating the chapter on the 70th parade. Pictured, from left, during that presentation are Salisbury Jaycees President Jess Kling, Senator Jim Mathias, Senator Adelaide Eckardt, Delegate Sheree Sample-Hughes and Delegate Chris Adams.