“Celebrate Aging” was the theme of The Wicomico County Commission on Aging’s recent annual senior volunteer recognition.
Area community organizations were invited to nominate an outstanding volunteer to be honored.
Awards were presented by special guests: Delegate Mary Beth Carozza, Wicomico County Executive Bob Culver, and Dan Savoy, chairman of the commission on aging.
In addition, MAC Executive Director Peggy Braford talked about the important and inspiring role volunteers play in the community
Awards were presented to:
* Priscilla Basehart, Melanie Stefursky and Lynn Tamasi, MAC Inc. volunteers
* Ethel Redden, Salisbury/Wicomico Senior Center volunteer
* Sandy Ricker, United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore
* Bertie and Tom Johnson, Mended Hearts, Chapter 221
* Irene Dendorfer, Holly Center
* Jackie and Ernie Conner, Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries
* Maria Carter, Deer’s Head Center
* Mary Ellen Smith, Coastal Hospice
* Lois and Joe Burton, Bay Area Center for Independent Livingj