The Officers and Directors of the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce held the 96th Annual Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 14, 2016 at Black Diamond Lodge.
The Chamber recognized member businesses and individuals who have made a significant impact within various areas of the Chamber business community. Winners were nominated by peers and chosen by the Annual Banquet Awards Selection Committee. Members who had reached a milestone anniversary of their membership with the Chamber in 2015 were also recognized.
2016 Chamber Award Recipients:
1. Member Volunteer of the Year: recognizes a person who puts much of their time and effort into supporting the mission of the Chamber.
2016 Recipient: Robby Sheehan, Salisbury University
2. Ambassador of the Year: recognizes an individual that serves on the Ambassador Committee and has not only fulfilled their commitment to promote retention and inclusiveness within the Chamber through outreach to new and existing members, but has gone above and beyond the agreed upon duties.
2016 Recipient: Dennis Hopson, Edward Jones Investments
3. Small Business of the Year: presented to a firm with a staff of five or less, who have a substantiated record as an established business. The company has demonstrated growth in the last two years of operation, demonstrated an innovative approach to the market, and provides superior customer service.
2016 Recipient: Robertson & Robertson, Accident & Injury Attorneys
4. Medium Business of the Year: presented to a firm with a staff of six to fifty, who have a substantiated record as an established business. The company has demonstrated growth through at least two years of operations, demonstrated an innovative approach to the market, and provides superior service to the community.
2016 Recipient: Comcast Spotlight
5. Large Business of the Year: presented to a firm with a staff of more than fifty, which has a substantiated record as an established business. The company has demonstrated growth through at least two years of operations, demonstrated an innovative approach to the market, and provides superior customer service. Contributions to the community are considered.
2016 Recipient: Piedmont Airlines, Inc.
6. Businessman of the Year: presented to a man who is widely recognized as a successful business and community leader.
2016 Recipient: Kevin J. Hayes, Avery W. Hall Insurance Agency, Inc.
7. Businesswoman of the Year: presented to a woman who is widely recognized as a successful business and community leader.
2016 Recipient: Kathleen McLain, 47-ABC
8. Young Professional of the Year: recognizes a member of the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network who has gone above and beyond the expected to support the group and its mission of aiding the next generation of business leaders.
2016 Recipient: Michael Bireley, SVN-Miller Commercial Real Estate
9. Environmental Service Award: presented to an individual or organization which has done the most to assist the Lower Shore Business Community become more green-oriented.
2016 Recipient: Shore Transit
10. Agriculture Ambassador of the Year: recognizes the person or organization that has done the most to aid Maryland’s top industry, agriculture.
2016 Recipient: Charles M. Wright, IV
11. Non-Profit Organization of the Year: recognizes the group that has best used their resources to aid the community. Requirement: IRS 501(c)3 organization.
2016 Recipient: Operation We Care
12. Real Estate Beautification Award: presented to an individual or organization that has made significant contributions to our community through architectural enhancements and overall beautification in the greater Salisbury area by renovating an existing property and improving the exterior, landscaping, parking, lighting, signage and the overall cohesiveness of the design.
2016 Recipient: Rivers Edge Apartments & Studio for the Arts
13. Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: recognizes and celebrates an individual or organization that supports, promotes, encourages and fosters entrepreneurship in our community.
2016 Recipient: William P. Burke, Jr., Salisbury University
14. Community Arts & Culture Award: recognizing the positive impact arts and culture have on economic development and quality of life, this award recognizes an individual or organization who has contributed to fostering arts, culture, and entertainment in our community.
2016 Recipient: Red White and BOOM
15. The Humanitarian Award: this special honor has previously been awarded only nine times to truly superb members of our community who have dedicated themselves to the greater good of all.
2016 Recipient: Reverend Mark Thompson
16. Chamber of Commerce Award: this award has been the capstone of the awards presented by the Chamber since 1949 to recognize superior service to the community.
2016 Recipient: Greg Bassett, Salisbury Independent
For more questions or more photos of the event, please contact Shannon Mitchell at the Chamber at 410-749-0144.