The Salisbury Jaycees recently announced its 2015 award winners during the chapter’s annual Awards and Installation Banquet. Honorees included:
· Project of the Year – 3rd Friday beer sales, Lacey Coleman and Samantha Chesley chairpersons
· New Project of the Year – 3rd Friday beer sales, Lacey Coleman and Samantha Chesley chairpersons
· Chairpersons of the Year – Kristy Johnson and Jamie Hopper, Salisbury Christmas Parade
· Committee of the Year – Salisbury Christmas Parade
· Bill Adkins Achievement Award (most growth by a first-year member) – Shane Spinella
· Most Enthusiastic New Member – Ashley McIntyre
· William C. Brownfield Award (most active first-year member) – Jamie Hopper
· John Armbruster Award (most active veteran member) – David Engelhardt
· Wayne Reichert Hidden Hero Award – Jess Kling
· Sean McLaughlin Friendliest Jaycee Award – Jamie Hopper
· Key Person Award – Kristy Johnson
· John Jacob Jr. Executive Board Member of the Year – Emily Nock
· John Culver Jaycee of the Year – Kristy Johnson
During the ceremony, the chapter’s 2016 board of directors also was sworn in. It includes President Jess Kling, Chairman of the Board Joel Maher, Management Development Vice President Kristy Johnson, Individual Development Vice President Vinnie Sirna, Community Development Vice President Lacey Coleman, Membership Vice President Megan Batchelder, State Director Emily Nock, Secretary Kyle Livingston, Treasurer Jamie Hopper, and directors Tyler Harwood, Kellie Johnson, Ashley McIntyre, Don Rutledge and Shane Spinella.
The Salisbury Jaycees is a community service, social and leadership training organization for men and women ages 18-40 on Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore. Membership meetings are 7 p.m. the third Monday of each month at the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Business Center.