Mayor Jake Day says, “Mark your calendar for Small Business Saturday on November 28th!” The City is once again encouraging citizens to shop local and support small businesses during the holiday season.
Downtown Salisbury is a hub of locally-owned businesses of all sorts, and the City is working closely with them to make Small Business Saturday a success. Take a stroll in Downtown Salisbury on November 28th and do your holiday shopping at one of the local art galleries, retailers, or restaurants!
“Small Business Saturday is a key piece of the economic puzzle Downtown,” said Mayor Day. “Every holiday shopping dollar spent in a locally-owned business is a dollar which stays right here in our community. I encourage holiday shoppers to come find a unique gift, stop for a bite to eat, and take advantage of the big specials being offered by our local businesses on November 28th.”
Currently, there are 11 Downtown businesses which will be offering special deals, discounts, and giveaways on Small Business Saturday.
- Art Institute & Gallery will be offering a 10% discount on gift shop items 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and will be hosting a “Snack and Paint” for kids from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Small Business Saturday, November 28th!
- Chesapeake East Company will have discounts throughout the store and special exhibits of unique gifts! Paint Your Own Pottery at Chesapeake East will have 15% off all pottery painting! 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Kuhn’s Jewelers is hosting their “Half-Off Sale”! The “Celebration Collection” will be coming to Salisbury and will be exclusively available at Kuhn’s for two days only! Incredible pieces from jewelry store closeouts will be on hand and available at HALF OFF! Open 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Small Business Saturday!
- Barefoot Baby Boutique is gearing up for the holidays by expanding their hours to 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays starting November 12th. On Small Business Saturday, they will be having a Holiday Sip and Shop from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.! Enjoy a glass of wine and grab a great holiday deal while you’re at it! Spend $75 and get a pair of Pediped shoes or a pair of Christmas PJ’s at 50% off!
- Brew River Restaurant and Bar will offer a $10 gift card for every $50 purchased in gift cards from Friday, November 27th until Christmas Eve! Don’t forget to check out the 28th Annual Christmas Boat Parade arriving at Brew at 7:00 p.m.!
- Downtown Bridal will be hosting an Abandoned Dress Sale! Come help them find homes for all their abandoned dresses due to canceled events! Bridal, bridesmaid, and social occasions at 50% off or more!
- Enza’s—An Organic Salon will have 20% off all Eminence Organic Skin care products, all hair care products and Zuii cosmetics. PLUS when you buy a gift certificate for $50, you will receive a $10 gift certificate for any salon service. Open 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Small Business Saturday!
- Market Street Inn Restaurant & Pub & MoJo’s will host a weekend-long special after Thanksgiving (including Small Business Saturday)! Buy $100 in gift cards and get $25, buy $250 and get three $25 gift cards, buy $500 and get seven $25 gift cards!
- Season’s Best will have sales up to 50% off on select merchandise on Small Business Saturday! Open from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.!
- Main Roots Coffee will have some discounts for Small Business Saturday! $9 tee shirts, $7 Mugs and $1.00 off new growler purchases. Pop in for a drink to keep you warm while you’re shopping! Coffee and tea gift baskets available!
- Angello’s Unique Gifts will be having sales throughout the store – don’t forget you grab your 15% off coupon from www.Delmarvalife.com/holiday to use on Small Business Saturday!
For updates on deals and participating businesses as they are added, go to www.citylivingsalisbury.com and click on the Facebook tab on the right side of the page.
After you shop small on November 28th, join us at the 10th Annual Lighting Ceremony for the Winter Wonderland of Lights in the Salisbury City Park at 5:00 p.m., and then head to Brew River to catch the Christmas Boat Parade which will make its arrival at 7:00 p.m.