The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program’s call center will have extended hours throughout Maryland Health Connection Open Enrollment.
The local call center, 855-445-5540, is established to help residents of Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties connect to a certified team who can set up appointments or answer questions about applying for health insurance offered though the state health insurance exchange, Maryland Health Connection.
The local number is a convenient way for Lower Shore resident to get personal help with the Maryland Health Connection application process. The call center is staffed from 8a.m. – 8p.m. Monday – Friday, 8a.m.-6p.m. on Saturdays and 8a.m.-2p.m. on Sundays throughout open enrollment. Open enrollment is November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2016.
Residents have several options for how to apply:
- Apply on own by visiting MarylandHealthConnection.gov.
- Call Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program 855-445-5540 to set up an appointment for application help.
- Call Maryland Health Connection directly to apply over the phone: 855-642-8572.
- By mail by requesting a paper application through Maryland Health Connection.
- Or in person with other certified individuals such as brokers or application counselors.
The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program staff offer appointments at various locations in Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties. For a full listing of sites or more information, please visit our website at http://lowershorehealth.org
About the Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program: The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program is administered through the Worcester County Health Department and funded by a grant through the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange. The program helps to educate, determine eligibility and enroll uninsured and underinsured residents of Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties into private health plans or Medicaid. For more information on our program and a continuously updated list of events, please visit us at lowershorehealth.org.