Maryland Relay is a free public service that enables people who are unable to use a standard telephone to place and receive calls. Thousands of Marylanders rely on Maryland Relay each day. These individuals may be Deaf, hard of hearing, Deaf-Blind, or have difficulty speaking, limited mobility, or cognitive difficulty. Many of these people have had the frustrating experience of trying to call a local business, only to be hung up on by an employee who isn’t familiar with Maryland Relay or how to identify a Relay call.
To make sure your company isn’t hanging up on existing or potential customers, Maryland Relay offers Maryland Relay Partner. This new free program is designed to connect your business and Maryland Relay users through free training and promotion.
When your business becomes a Maryland Relay Partner, you will receive:
- Free training with a Maryland Relay outreach coordinator on how to identify, place and receive Relay calls;
- Free promotional materials, including a window decal and digital website badge so customers can identify your business as a Maryland Relay Partner;
- Free listing in the upcoming Maryland Relay Partner online directory;
- Free access to a digital library of Maryland Relay training materials
Becoming a Maryland Relay Partner will give your business the opportunity to:
- Connect with thousands of Relay users;
- Increase sales;
- Grow customer loyalty among Relay users;
- Generate referrals from satisfied Relay users
Other than a telephone, no special equipment is required to participate in Maryland Relay Partner. To enroll your business today, visit www.MDRelay.org to complete an online inquiry form. To speak with one of our outreach coordinators about becoming a Maryland Relay Partner, you may also call 800-552-7724 or 410-767-6960 (Voice/TTY) or 443-453-5970 (Video Phone).